Saturday, September 19, 2020

This is a wrap!

 The last 5 years has brought many changes to my horse life.  This year, 2020 brought the changes sharply into focus where I realize my mission in this blog is at an end.  And so my readers, I want to say fare thee well to anyone who has read what I wrote and wrap up my part, leaving behind the blog.  I hope my words gave someone an idea, or some help to consider in their ongoing journey with horses.  


Romeo and I at our swan song event 2006 at Shady Oaks CDE

Nearing age 75, I still care for my remaining 3 horses: LH Winfield Scott, 28 yr. Morgan, Miss Rockette's Great Day, aka Romeo, 22 yr. American Saddlebred, and Dutchess, 17yr. Dutch Harness Horse/Am. Saddlebred.   It is not easy work  anymore, but I gladly do my best to make sure they eat the best available feed and are  comfortable.  I will do right by them and give them a good end to join the other grand horses that have graced this Noble Beasts Ranch and lay at peace.  

My wish for you all is the joy that comes from knowing and working with such a grand animal as the horse.  They have given humans so much of themselves and we have taken advantage of their gifts.  I appreciate my mentors and am grateful for their patience and taking me on this grand journey of knowing the noblest of creatures...the horse.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment